Here's a simple guide to give you an overview of what you need to do to move a Joomla web application to us.
- From your current hosting company, you need to ZIP your entire root folder. Make sure all your files are backup.
- Download the backup file to your local computer.
- From your current hosting company, please backup your Joomla Mysql Database.
- Download the database backup file to your local computer.
- Now, FTP your files to your site root folder.
- Login to your cPanel-> Database section ->MySQL® Databases to create a new mysql database.
- After a database is created, login to phpmyadmin to import your backup file to this new mysql database
- Now your database has been restored, you will need to look for your Joomla Config file. The file is configuration.php, open the file and update database server name, database name, database username and database password to be the new database you just created.
- Test your Joomla site with your account temp URL.
You can also consider letting our support staff do the migration for you. We charge a one-time $49.95 migration fees for most of the commonly used web applications out there.