This article covers the steps necessary to change the name server
records for domain names registered with Network Solutions. This
information should be used when updating your domain name to point to
your account at Dreamnix.com. The instructions were gathered from
the Network Solutions web site FAQs.
- Go to http://www.netsol.com
- Click the "Manage Account" button at the top right corner
- Enter your user id and password and click "Login"
- From the account manager left-hand navigation, click "Manage Host Server"
- In the text box on the left side of the page, enter the domain name server that you want to edit and click "Continue"
- Enter the name server and IP address and click "Continue"
- Both name servers are required
- Click "Apply Change"
Name server updates typically take 12 to 24 hours, though in some cases
the propagation of the change can take up to 72 hours. Site users may
report problems accessing your site at Dreamnix.com during this
time. Until propagation is complete, requests to your domain name may
point to your previous host.
If you do not have the Account Number and Login, you can contact your
previous hosting company or Network Solutions at 1-888-642-9675 for
assistance. A Network Solutions representative can provide you with a
"Customer Fax Form - Password Reset" form. Fill out that form and fax
it back to Network Solutions to have the account password reset.
Please note that the procedures for making changes at Network Solutions
are subject to change. If you find that any part of this article is
inaccurate, please let our technical support department know so that we
can update this article,thanks