Here's a simple guide to give you an overview of what you need to do to move an web application to us. Applications such as Wordpress, Nopcommerce and many other commonly used application can follow the steps below to get it migrated to Dreamnix.com.
- From your current hosting company, you need to ZIP your entire root folder. Make sure all your files are backup.
- Download the backup file to your local computer and unzip it.
- From your current hosting company, you need to backup your Mysql Database or MSSQL database. This depends on what application you're using.
- Download the backup database to your local computer.
- Now, FTP your files to your Dreamnix.com hosting account root folder.
- Login to your hosting control panel -> Database Manager and create a new database.
- After a database is created, on the left handside of your database, you should see a Restore Icon. Click on Restore and choose to restore your database by uploading a backup file.
- Choose the database backup file that's currently in your local computer and click restore.
- Now your database has been restore, you will need to look for your Application Config file. You'll need to edit your config file to make sure it uses your new database server name, database name, database username and database password.
- Also look for places in your config file that defines ROOT folder path. Be sure to change the path so that it matches your current page. You can find your current path in your hosting control panel -> Hosting Manager -> Website Domain Manager. Your root path should be something like h:\root\home\yourUserId\www\root_folder_name\......
- Now try to browse your site using the TEMP URL that we give you and see. You can find your TEMP URL in your hosting control panel -> Hosting Manager -> Website Domain Manager. A temp URL should be something like http://yourUserID-001-site1.Dreamnix.com
You can also consider letting our support staff do the migration for you. We charge a one-time $49.95 migration fees for most of the commonly used web applications out there.
Article ID: 386, Created: April 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Modified: April 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM