Windows 2008/IIS 7 allows a secure FTP connection via FTP over SSL.
Note that this is not the same as SFTP (FTP via SSH), so you may have
to experiment a bit with your FTP client settings to get a secure
connection. Our tests were successful with the following.
- Click File -> New Remote Browser
- Set the Protocol Field to FTP over SSL Explicit
- Fill in the following fields:
- Host – Enter FTP address( like ftp.Dreamnix.com), which can be found in Control Panel.
- Username – Enter your FTP username.
– Enter the password for this user.
- Click Connect
Note: If you receive a generic "could not connect" error, or in
implicit mode see an attempted connection to port 21, you have a
configuration error. Please cut and paste the login information from
Control Panel to make sure you are supplying the proper credentials.